Monday, August 24, 2009

The Farmer's Wife...

Rob left for Perth and Kalgoorlie on Sunday afternoon but life on the farm goes on!  Have raked up the back lawn ready for mowing / mulching and taken the bamboo and tree stump down to the fire.  Measured out the Mulberry Paddock for the building licence and am starting to re-think the marris on the verge - these will have to go if we are to put a crossover in at the discussed spot.  Spread the soil on the amoeba and prepared bags for the trees.

Yesterday I discussed the house building contract with Ross and signed it satisfied with the cost-plus 10% proposal.  Printed out a google map and drew on the shed position too - now Ross can submit the building license.  Need to do an overall plan for the property - hopefully will have a draft to discuss when Rob is here on the weekend.

I also posted our first Team Blog, bringing the Silk Road into the twenty-first century and out to the world!!  (By the way my work computer is dead - sent an email to Ritesh to see if there is anything he can do by remote but I think I will be returning a useless carcass to Buly when I go.)

Was a computer-type day - took all day to download Microsoft Office for my home computer and update windows and explorer - my initial aim was to purchase Project as I can no longer use the Silk Road project plan on my work computer.  Did not buy as it is $750 and wanted to think about it.  Spent last night entering accounts into the spreadsheets - very good template - will run it past the accountant next time i visit.  (Reminds me - must do tax (x 2 x 2 years).

Found a couple of old starpickets which have surfaced with the increased traffic down the laneway - potential tyre killers.  Tried to dig them up but buried deep and bent over - will see what i can do next time i have the tractor / loader down there.

That was yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment